Followers

Sunday, 29 June 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge #3


This challenge can be found here. It freaked me out a little first as I have never really liked pink and brown together, I never followed that fashion and as for adding green, seemed bizarre but I stand corrected, it can be a wonderful combination! I found the papers on Raspberry Road in the freebie section, thanks to Wendy for leading me there. I then found some brown and green card in my pile of odd bits left over and added the flowers (luckily I found the grand total of four brown brads!!). I coloured the hedgehog stamp with prismas, I love PB hedgies, did you know the word hedgehog is one of the first long words that a child learns to read as it is aesthetically pleasing to the eye!

18 comments:

kath said...

What a fabulous card for the challenge and hey the way you have done the colour combo is brilliant and such a cute image - thanks so much for joining us at PBS this week
Kath
xxxx

Bev said...

A great card Ruth and such great colours.

Claudia said...

very cute card

Alison said...

This is gorgeous, I must admit I do love pink and brown together.

traciejane said...

gorgeous card, love the papers and cute stamp. Thanks for joining us this week at PBS Challenge :)x

ella bella said...

beautiful card love those papers and the image is very cute.
thanks for joining this weeks PBS challenge
Tracy x

My Little Space said...

these colours look fab together, great card Ruth !

Mandy

CraftyC said...

I think its a great card and the colours look fab!! Cute image...
Clairexx

Wendy said...

Fab card Ruth glad you found the papers.
Wendy x

Glenda said...

A lovely card Ruth. I might just have to invest in some of these big flowers they look great.

Glenda x

Jovita said...

Great card, the designer paper is fab. Thanks for joining this week's PBSC.

Pauline said...

Beautiful card - the colours do look wonderful together and the hedgehog is so cute. Lovely flowers too.
x

Glenda said...

Hi Ruth, me again, have got a pressie for you on my blog. You deserve it.

Glenda x

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

Beautiful card, love your lay-out. The image is sweet! Great job.

Jane Carroll said...

oh i love these hedgies

hugs jane x

Andrea, said...

Brilliant card, love the papers and the cute image

Bev said...

Lovely card, such pretty papers.

Richelle said...

Wow very cute...I love the hedgies too!