Followers

Thursday, 16 June 2011

Digi Doodle Shop's Challenge #63-Stitching

Over on The Digi Doodle Shop's Challenge blog the theme this week is stitching.

The prize is a $10 gift certificate from The Digi Doodle Shop, check out the new products for this week, gorgeous.

Now it's well known in this house that if you want a button sewing on then ask Nan not Mum, I can't sew for toffee, however by poking a few holes through the card, tying myself and the cotton in several knots, some stitching reached the card. I bought myself a mini sewing machine which actually arrived yesterday so stitching may be improved in the future, mind you at the moment the machine is showing exactly why it was only a tenner!

Anyway here's my card:


Image- Shoe from Fun with Shoes 2
Papers-Craftwork Ccards, Sweet Meadow
Pearls-Wild Orchid Crafts

7 comments:

Denise and Louise said...

Hi Ruth, lovely card and well done with the stitching. I bought myself a mini machine some time ago and quite frankly, it was useless. Had to drag the big one out to do the stitching on my card!! Hope you have more luck with yours :0) Hugs Denise xx

craftybunny said...

So pretty.Love the papers and well done with your stitching - looks good.I can't sew either but daren't let my self loose with a machine!!
Lisa x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous card Ruth. I love the stitching. I bought a cheapie sewing machine at Christmas at £18 and it was useless. It ended up done the charity shop. My stitching was done down the road at my friends house on hers.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Ruth, good for you using real stitching, I wasn't brave enough lol. hugs Donna x

Karen said...

Lovely card hun. Great papers and love your stitching. Am I the only one that cheated with "faux" stitching? Rofl.xx

ahlers5 said...

Very pretty! Love the colors on the shoe.
Diane

Julie said...

Very pretty card. Love the stitching
Hugs,
julie